Very interesting indeed!
Quotes by Angela Lee Duckworth:
- “Grit is sticking with your future — day in, day out, not just for the week, not just for the month, but for years — and working really hard to make that future a reality.”
- “Grit is living life like it’s a marathon, not a sprint.”
- “There are many talented individuals who simply do not follow through on their commitments. In fact, in our data, grit is usually unrelated or even inversely related to measures of talent.”
- “We need to take our best ideas, our strongest intuitions, and we need to test them. We need to measure whether we’ve been successful, and we have to be willing to fail, to be wrong, to start over again with lessons learned.”
- “Growth Mindset” is a great idea for building grit – Failure is not a permanent condition.